How Avocados Can Boost Your Health…
This is why you should eat avocados daily ( If you aren’t already!)
5 Reasons Why You Should Be Eating Avocados Every Day
David Wolfe | DavidWolfe.com
We’ve all heard the age old quote, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Now we say, “an avocado a day keeps the doctor away, forever!” and here are 5 reasons why.
1. Avocados Will Not Make You Fat
Fast food, chips, soda, white bread, those are all things that will make you fat, avocados…not so much. Avocados contain monounsaturated fat and, like olive oil, a high preponderance of oleic acid – this is a healthy fat and a beautifying oil. Oleic acid is gaining a reputation (through the Mediterranean Diet) as helping to keep us slim as we age. Oleic acid is also believed to decrease our chances of developing heart disease.
2. Curbs Hunger
If you find yourself constantly snacking, avocados can help change that. Studies have shown that meals that include avocados and other healthy fats cause you to feel full, taking away the need to eat more. Because they consist mostly of healthy fatty acids, they produce a blood-sugar, friendly, ketogenic effect. So the next time you reach for a bag of chips, go for the avocado instead.
3. Packed With Nutrients
You already know that avocados are good for us, but, what’s actually inside of it that makes it such a healthy treat. Well, for starters, there are typically over 14 minerals packed inside each one. Each avocado also contains:
• 18 essential amino acids (protein) and 2 grams of protein per 100 grams of avocado.
• Soluble fiber.
• Phytosterols: beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol that may help keep arthritis and other forms of inflammation under control.
• Carotenoids: Avocados contain an unusually high amount of antioxidant, oil-soluble carotenoids. These include o-carotene, yellow alpha-carotene and yellow lutein, but also many lesser-known carotenoids including yellow epsilon-carotene, yellow neochrome, yellow neoxanthin, yellow chrysanthemaxanthin, orange beta-cryptoxanthin, orange zeaxanthin, and yellow violaxanthin.
• Chlorophyll: This is what gives avocados their beautiful green glow. Chlorophyll is a deodorizer, detoxifier, and neutralizer of toxins.
• Polyhydroxylated fatty alcohols (PFAs): These are more widely prevalent in ocean plants but relatively unique among land plants—making the avocado tree (and its fruit) unusual in this READ THIS: http://www.davidwolfe.com/why-eat-avocados/