How To Make Your Life Easier…21 Tips…
21 Small Ways to Make Life Simpler
Henrik Edberg | PositivityBlog.com
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
Leonardo da Vinci
“The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity.”
I love simplifying my life. It makes me more effective and life less stressful. It makes me calmer and happier.
But where do you start? Or continue if you are already on your way?
In this week’s article I’d like to share 21 small habits that help me to live a simpler life. Pick one of these to get started and keep doing it until it sticks and becomes just another normal part of your life.
- Breathe. When stressed, lost in a problem or the past or future in your mind breathe with your belly for two minutes and just focus on the air going in and out. This will calm your body down and bring your mind back into the present moment again.
- Do one thing at a time. You’ll get better results and feel better and less stressed while doing those things.
- Write it all down. Use your mind for better things than remembering what to do. And the mind is often like a leaky bucket. So write down all your great ideas, insights and thoughts before they go missing somewhere and add what you need to do to a to-do list.
- Do all your food shopping once a week. You’ll save time, energy and possibly money.
- Stop doing what you don’t like doing anymore. Life changes and so do you. If you you don’t like doing something anymore then stop doing that (even if it may take some time before you can do so by for example switching jobs).
- Stop trying to please everyone. There will always be people who you don’t get along with or that do not like you for some reason.
- Stop trying to do things perfectly. Go for good enough instead and when you are there you are done. Get things all the way to done this way and then move on to the next thing.
- Pack your bag before you go to bed. Then you don’t have to get stressed out by that in morning and you are less likely to forget something.
- Throw out the things you haven’t used in 1 year. Go through what you have and ask yourself if you have used it in the past year. If not, give it away to charity or a friend or simply throw it READ MORE: http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2016/03/02/simpler-life/