How to Pamper Yourself and Your Pet Using Coconut Oil, 14 Great Ways!
14 Remarkable Things You Can Do With Coconut Oil — For You and Your Pet!
Cherie Roe Dirksen | Conscious Life News
Have You Heard of the Amazing Pro’s of Coconut Oil?
My cat sat on my lap (no, this is not the beginning of a Dr Seuss book!) recently and started licking my hand — front, back and fingers.
Why? I had just rubbed coconut oil on them.
It was the first time she had come into contact with me just after I had done it and it still hadn’t absorbed fully into my skin.
I immediately Googled to see if cats could eat coconut oil and here’s what I found after reading several articles:
- Most animals (both cats and dogs) can safely eat coconut oil, in fact it helps to aid digestion.
- It has lauric acid (over 40% making it the riches natural source on Earth) and it is a good fat (saturated) for animals to consume as it mimics the animal fat they would be eating in the wild and not necessarily getting in their domestic diet. Therefore you can mix about a teaspoon a day in with their food (and if they are fussy eaters, they tend to lap it up if you mix with coconut oil!).
- You can rub it into their fur — it gives a beautiful sheen and apparently protects against ticks and fleas too!
- It also can be used for any dry skin issues.
For more in-depth information about how to use coconut oil for your pet, please click on thisWellness Mama article link, ‘Benefits of Coconut Oil for Pets’.
Great News for Pet Owners but What About People?
Did you know that coconut oil has numerous benefits for humans too? In fact, so many that I’m going to cut straight to the chase and name my top favourite uses for this magical white, pasty wonder!
Benefits for you include:
- Frying — One of the best oils to use for frying food as it doesn’t lose its nutritional value when heated (and it tastes great). Obviously eat any READ MORE: http://consciouslifenews.com/remarkable-benefits-coconut-oil-pet/1182577/